Thursday, October 10, 2024

A Sewing Day

Once again, I ended up changing my plans for the day. I "thought" that I was going to do one thing, but doing an entirely different thing. I was going to write more thank yous and ended up sewing. Kathy had asked me to make a label for Joy's graduation quilt. So I woke up today realizing that I needed to do it...then Kathy texted me and I found out that she was getting close to finishing the quilt so the square that I had would be needed soon...so that is the direction that I turned. I haven't embroidered with my machine since my last year's Christmas sewing. So it was a bit of a "getting back on the bike" experience. It took me a bit to remember just what I had to do with the software in my laptop and then get it ready to get it over to my machine. It did come back to me...but not as quickly as I might have gotten it done if I had been doing this type of task all along. I got the label embroidered out and then blanket stitched it to the square. Task accomplished! I let Kathy know when it was done. Not too long after that text, Esther and her boyfriend stopped to pick the quilt square up. We had a nice visit. I'll see them again on Saturday when we celebrate Joy's birthday. And, now...I am ready to wind down and settle in my recliner for a while and hopefully stitch on the sampler that I am working on. I stitched a few more letters last night. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment