Monday, October 7, 2024

Task Complete

Exactly "why" this task needed to be completed is probably up for question...but...I guess I will say "just because I wanted to complete it!" I have my thousands of recipes all neat and organized...to a point. I still wish that I had a "list" that would get me to the correct recipe book...but what I have done will help. I do laugh, I talked this afternoon with Melany and decided what I will make when she, Wade, and Erin pay me a visit this week...then when I went to get the recipe, I couldn't remember which book I had seen it in. I have two of the notebooks indexed...but that just isn't going to happen...takes too much time! Most of the time I can put my hands on what I want pretty quickly. I guess today I got to thinking about "just how many" recipes I have made over the years! Thousands and thousands and...! Some I have only made once...but many, many I have made many, many times! I've done a LOT of cooking over the 55 years that we were married...lots of recipes tried...some very good...some not so much. But over the years, I became a pretty good judge of recipes, as to whether we would like them or not. Woody always said that he would try anything that I made...not his tune changed over the last few years. I can only think of one recipe that neither of us liked...a Black Bean soup from Southern Living Magazine...and, that was a surprise since Southern Living recipes were usually "keepers!" There were others that we did not care for all that much and said that I wouldn't make it again...but that is the only one that I can call to mind that we just didn't like at all! I'll bet if Woody were here, he would be able to bring that recipe to mind...we talked about it every so often. I'm thankful that we had ever so many more that we loved and made over and over again! I stayed in today until it was time for prayer meeting tonight. I am now home and settling in for the night. I'm going to put away the things that I have been using to organize the cookbook notebooks, then I am going to watch some TV and maybe stitch. Recipes have taken the place of stitching for the last couple of days. First Baptist, Tullahoma welcomed our "new" preacher yesterday. He is really our "new-old" preacher, as he left three years ago to go on the mission field. In that time we had not found just the right person to fill his position. A while back he came to the conclusion that he wanted to be back in the pulpit in the United States...and we still needed someone to fill our pulpit...and...the rest is history. He and his family have come back to Tullahoma and First Baptist Church. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment