Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

My sister and I were talking last night and neither of us could believe that our father died five years ago this week. Today's blog picture is one that he took of the Arizona desert many years ago. It now hangs in our living room...so I experimented with using our scanner so I could use one of his pictures in the blog this Father's Day. Daddy was an avid photographer...had MANY, MANY, MANY cameras...always had one or two or three or...in his hand, hanging around his neck, or in his pockets. He never got into digital photography, but I think that he would have loved being able to take as many pictures as he wanted and not having to carry all that film. Mother was his film carrier...she always had film in her purse. When I first got my digital camera, I remember sitting in their sun room showing him all the things that it could do and questioning him about apertures, f-stops, etc. I wrote notes down at that time and have those notes stored on my laptop now so I can refer back to them. I remember when growing up and going on family vacations...how Daddy would stop along the highways and bi-ways so he could take pictures...something that I didn't mind...but not the favorite memory of a trip for my sister! I guess you can say that the love of photography has been passed down over the generations in my family. My father's father was the town photographer in Glendale, AZ, when my dad was growing up. Then Daddy took up photography as a hobby. And, now I am enjoying capturing photos with my digital camera. Mother made the comment a while back that she thought that I might be even "worse" than my father when it came to the number of pictures that I take! That's what happens when you don't have to worry about running out of film!

Woody and I both went to Sunday School this morning. He taught his class. We came home and have taken it easy for the rest of the day. Woody hasn't taken his pain medication quite as regularly today as he did yesterday and he has been in more pain this afternoon. A little while ago I made some brownies that Woody and I plan to indulge in for a special Father's Day treat. Woody is "resting his eyes" while they cool! Hopefully he has had a restful and healing weekend. I expect that the NIH doctor will check in with us tomorrow...don't expect any news about the cells...but think that he will call to check on Woody...at least he did the first time that Woody had surgery.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment