Thursday, June 3, 2010

Pickin' up the pace...

...or at least trying to pick up the pace a bit after yesterday's sluggish entry...from slug to roller coaster! Guess both aptly describe our lives lately! This is a picture of Graham's K'nex roller coaster.

Woody got up early, went to work, worked, walked at lunch, worked some more, and then came home to rest and relax. Last night was "one of those nights" when he felt that didn't get much sleep. Woody's pain seems to intensify at this time of day...he never is "out of pain" but there are certain times when it is worse...and he had one of those times a short while ago. Those are the times that he does finally give in to taking pain medicine.

I have heard from NIH twice today. I had a question that I needed answered prior to going to NIH on Tuesday, so I emailed the doctor. Not long after I emailed, the phone rang and it was the research nurse with the answer to my question. Then an hour or so later, I heard from the social worker. She had once again tried to get me housed in the lodge for the time that Woody would be in the hospital, if he has surgery. But there was only one night that it would have worked (and that night we hope to be back on the road again). So we will go with the hotel that I made reservations with yesterday.

I'm beginning to get ready for us to head off...again...almost time to pack...again! I got our clothes all ready last week...but am having to do it again as we have worn them in the mean while! I have also tried to do a little bit of cleaning (very little)...when it comes to the cleaning, the sluggish mentality seems to take over!

I'm blogging early tonight, as we are going over to take care of our five neighbor grandchildren, while Nathan and Kathy have a "date night."

No comments:

Post a Comment