Saturday, June 5, 2010

Packing...again!

Tonight's pictures show our "balloon flowers." Before they open, the are a small green "balloons" that become larger till they become a blue/purple "balloon," and then they open up into a pretty flower. A fun flowering perennial that Melany found for our garden a few years ago. I found all the stages when I went out to take the picture of an open one this afternoon. It has been a hot day in Middle TN...it reached 92 in Tullahoma, according to Weather Bug.

I have been gathering everything to pack today and have started putting my clothes in the suitcase...Woody's will be next. I did my pre-trip WalMart run and got some last minute things that we "needed." Then it will be gathering "things" that we take that don't go in the suitcase...like the laptop (so I can keep you all informed), camera and lenses (for blog pictures), cell phone (to keep in touch with family), and ALL the cords (to keep things charged and working) that go to each of these items. I have the cell phone charging as well as camera batteries and the laptop batteries are all charged up...so we should be good to go as far as electronics.

We plan to leave after Sunday School tomorrow. So I will be reporting in tomorrow night from somewhere down the road heading toward Maryland.

Woody went to the library this morning and stopped at the fruit market for some tomatoes. He has spent a lot of the day in his recliner as he has been hurting quite a bit. He took a pain pill a little while ago and I can already tell a difference in how he feels. He watched a baseball game this afternoon, worked on crossword puzzles, watched a library DVD, and has gotten out the clothes he wants me to pack for him.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment