Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Oh, Deer!

Look what Nathan and family found hiding on their driveway! And...they have been wondering who has been nibbling at their garden...Mama Deer! They scared Mama away when they went out to weed. A little after that, this little one went up to Nathan looking for his mama and then realized his mistake so hid on their driveway near a bush.

Woody got up early, went to work, worked, walked to the Credit Union and back, worked some more, and then came home to rest and relax. He was in quite a bit of pain when he got home...but his pain medication eased it pretty quickly. I am still trying to get back into routine...did some cooking (salad mode around here since it is so hot) and also worked on getting caught up on the wash once again. This afternoon, exhaustion caught up with me again...so I rested with a book...planning to read...but that plan didn't last very long...guess you could say that I had a "power nap." We had a thunderstorm come through just a little before I fell asleep...so it got dark and things cooled down a bit. A little after I got up, Woody brought the phone up to me. By the time I was off the phone, he had fallen asleep. A little while ago, he told me that when he woke up he wasn't sure how or when he had come upstairs...then he did remember that he had come up to use the computer and I was sitting in front of it...so he went in and flopped down on the bed for a few minutes waiting for me to move...and the next he knew...he had had a "power nap," too! When I discovered him asleep, I picked up the crossword puzzle book, that he had been working on before he fell asleep, and I flopped on the bed to work on it...when there came a knocking at our door...it was Kathy wanting me to get my camera and take a picture of the little fawn that was on their driveway...and...thus tonight's blog picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment