Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Source of Pain

Blog in Woody's words tonight:

It has been one week since my surgery. As you can see the glue seems to be holding and the wound seems to be healing. However, it's causing a lot of pain. The 6-inch incision is considerably larger (almost 3 times longer) than the incision from the removal of the first tumor, this tumor was bigger (small peach size) and this surgery involved cutting into more muscle. I was hoping that removing this tumor would remove the pain there--which was basically 24-7 and fairly intense. And, that seemed to be the case initially. On the drive home my only complaint was of some pain at the top of the incision. But now the pain is similar to what I had before. I don't take any pain medicine from bedtime until I get home from work (I'm not supposed to drive while under the effects of pain medicine). But when I take the pain medication when at home, it doesn't always cut the pain.

I got up early, went to work, walked at lunch, worked some more, and came home to rest and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment