Saturday, August 29, 2020

Another busy day

I haven't stopped much today. I got up...well, I did sleep in a bit later than usual...just because I could and because I had one of those nights when I slept hard for four hours or so and then woke up and then it was like I had had a good nap and wasn't sleepy enough to go back to sleep...and..."things" started running through my head. I read for a little while, played a couple of games of solitaire on the iPad, then got to thinking about Woody's dialysis and decided that I would read through the manual for the dialysis cycler machine...figured that would put me to sleep. But I read quite a bit of it before finally getting back to sleep around 5am. Woody hadn't eaten breakfast when I got up so I made him pancakes. I got a call from the public library that some books that I had put on hold last night were ready for me to pick up. I arranged a time to get them. I decided that I would include other errands that I needed to run in the library trip. I picked up the books, then made a stop at Joanne's to get one item (first time I had been in there since the before the pandemic). I considered going to Hobby Lobby, as our new Tullahoma store just opened this week, but I decided that it would be less crowded in Joanne's and that I will check out Hobby Lobby at another time. Dollar Tree was next. I had hoped to find antibacterial hand soap in a pump bottle...but they only had refill size and I needed the bottle with the pump. Then it we on to Walmart. It seemed like whatever I looked for either they didn't have or that they had put it in a different place! I found Clorox over on the far wall just as you go into the garden shop...why it would be there I have no idea...I was just glad to find it...and the kind that says that it kills 99.9% of germs. I finally gathered together what I could find and then stood in line quite a while waiting to check out. Since coming home I have hardly sat down...I have been cleaning. Well, I did sit down one time with the plans to call Cheryl (my sister), but found myself waking up a while later...so I did manage to fit in a little nap. Woody got to watch a little of the Cardinals' baseball game today as the featured game had a rain delay. I think that Woody is enjoying a day off from all our comings and goings of the last two weeks. Hopefully those comings and goings will slow down a bit after Monday. We will have to check in periodically at the dialysis center, but not as often as we have been...hopefully no more than once a month. Woody was glad to get the books that I picked up at the library as they were for him and he had completed his last library book last night. He started in reading on one of them right away. Be safe. Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment