Thursday, August 27, 2020

Busy Day Off

Have you ever seen this style of barn? This is a bank barn. It is built into the bank and accessible from two levels. We also call this our UT Barn as it has an orange "T" on it and around here that equals University of Trnnessee. I read about a bank barn in one of my books a while back so had to look up what the style was and why it was called that. Then low and behold if we didn't stumble upon one on one of our barn photo trips. This is one of those days that I am really tired and have to look back and decide what all in have done. Cooking wise I made sour dough blueberry muffins. Then mid morning I made a recipe that Woody had been wanting—Cantonese Spare Ribs. And, he actually enjoyed them. A lot of times lately when he asks me to make him a certain recipe it doesn't taste as good to him as what he expected it to taste. But this time the recipe came up to his expectations. I also put in a call to Woody's kidney doctor. We need to get him to reevaluate his blood pressure meds—now that he is on dialysis and has also lost a significant amount of weight. The nurse I needed to talk to we on another call so I was told she would call me back...well, I am still waiting for that call! Our deliveries began happening a little after noon...first UPS brought us some of the supplies that we will need prior the BIG shipment next week. We are still lacking some things that we will need. After I blog, I am going to make a list of things that we received today and that we still need prior to doing his first dialysis treatment at home on Monday night. a little after UPS delivered, a FedEx truck pulled u and delivered two rather heavy boxes...not that some of the boxes in the first shipment weren't heavy! The FedEx delivery was the dialysis machine (the cycler) and the rolling cart to put it on. I got the cart put together and the machine on it and then rolled it into the family room. I plugged it in and turned it on for the first time to make sure that it started up (the nurse requested that we do this to make sure that it would come on). And, it did so that task is done! Today we got two boxes of solution (which will be the majority of the BIG order next week). On the bottom shelf in the family room closet I was able to place the boxes side by side and there is room for one more to slide in next to those. There are three strengths of solution. We have to make the decision each night as to what strength he needs! We only got two of the strengths as the higher strength isn't often used. And, at the moment I think that Woody will be using one bag of the lower strength and one bag of the middle strength each night. Each box just has two bags of solution in them...enough for one dialysis session...reason that we have to have so many for a month! I think that all we will be able to get on that bottom shelf is six boxes. And, I don't want to put them on a higher shelf or I won't be able to lift them off! On the shelf above the solution boxes I placed what they call the cartridge...it goes into the cycler machine and has all the connector tubes hanging off of it. We received ten of those today...I will be able to stack a few more on top of the ones that I have on that shelf...but not many more. So the rest will have to be stored someplace else. I "think" that the living room is going to be getting a lot of these boxes...some of the solution boxes I plan to put on the fireplace hearth. Anyway, I have done my share of lifting and hoisting items today. I am also into deep cleaning the bathrooms...shower curtain came down today in our bathroom and I washed it in the washing machine with towels that needed to be bleached. Something of interest: Did you realize that he no-splash bleach isn't the strength of regular bleach and that it isn't strong enough to disinfect? Something that I have read...been trying to check it out and make sure that it is true...have found it stated like that in several places. I do know that I felt like that type of bleach didn't work as well as the old-fashioned bleach that I used to get...but just figured that it was just me thinking that...but perhaps there was a reason that I felt that way. If anyone else knows anything about this let me know! The other day when I was trying to buy bleach I could only find the low-splash so I skipped getting it. I am going to have to venture out and get some as I am about out of my last bottle of old-fashioned bleach. Tomorrow we will head back for more dialysis training. Oh, boy! I will be glad to not have to go...but I also have to gulp that when we don't have to go we will be on our own! I say that, but there is a 24-hour help-line that we can call if we have problems. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment