Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Squirrel #50 is down in the records! And, Elijah has earned $50 trapping squirrels this summer! The 50th was trapped while Woody and I went through our 2nd day of dialysis training. This time I did al the steps with the nurse reading them to me. Still very confusing and I went away from the center with my brain muddled! I only made one mistake that took some correcting on the nurse's part. I turned the dial too far...guess that mistake will make me be sure not to do it again...part of training...I guess! Woody continues to lose weight...which is partly water weight but not all...he is looking pretty skinny! I think that he is less nauseated the last two days. But he is still really tired and weak...walking any distance is very difficult for him. We have the day off from dialysis training tomorrow...probably just long enough for me to totally forget what I learned today. I left the center with my brain muddled. Like most things, I'm sure that eventually it will make sense! We watched two videos and started reading the manual that has questions to answer after each section. A lot is common sense but ther are some questions that don't make sense and I don't remember reading about. It's like being back in school and the teacher throws in trick questions! The nurse said that we didn't have to read the first part of the manual and then when the sections didn't deal with the questions being asked I looked at first part and that was where the answers were. So I read through that too. So, I guess it is "school back in session" for us! I mainly rad the manual and then I read the questions outloud and we both answered them. Woody is getting the hang of it. But really I'm not sure that he could do all this by himself. He just isn't mobile enough currently to gather supplies and go back and forth to wash his hands, etc. Well we are both putting our feet up the rest of the evening! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment