Saturday, August 22, 2020

Look What I Found!

I noticed the other day that there was a place to tap that would revert to "legacy" form of blog. There is a notice that says that before long they will move everyone to the new form...but till then...I will revert! I am a happier camper! Of course this one still isn't the original as I can not put in paragraphs. Woody hasn't felt the greatest today. He got up and felt nauseated and then it was a long time till he felt like eating. Eventually he felt better and he has tried the salad that I made him yesterday. He asked me to make it. But he said that it didn't taste quite as good as he thought it would. But he still seemed to enjoy it at least some! Probably the favorite thing that he has eaten today was a bowl of ice cream. He even got up enough energy to dip his own...probably because he didn't think that I gave him enough!?! I have continued to work on getting things ready for our big 60 box shipment. I am slowly but surely clearing the shelves that are in the back of the closet in the family room. I also cleared out a drawer in the downstairs bathroom. I had stored stenciling supplies in there...one of my craft interests of days gone by. I wasn't ready to get rid of those supplies so I cleared out a drawer upstairs that also had craft supplies in it. I threw a lot away from both drawers...what I kept all fit in one drawer. I still can't wrap my brain around receiving 60 boxes! The nurse did tell me that this will be the biggest shipment...that after this one it will just be things that we run out of. This shipment will include things that we will only need one of during his entire at home dialysis. It will include things like an IV pole, the machine that will do his dialysis over night, supplies...like gauze and tape and gloves and...you get the picture. I guess we should find out on Monday what day this shipment will arrive, as the nurse plans to order our supplies on Monday. I cleaned off one of the desks in the family room and got it ready for current supplies...those that we need to clean where the tubing goes into his abdomen. I did that nursing duty for the first time last night and will do it each evening until they declare him healed...which they said takes 4 to 6 weeks. I spent quite a bit of time today messaging Woody's doctor's at Vanderbilt and his personal care physician to let them know that he has started on peritoneal dialysis. I also told the pharmacist when I picked up one of Woody's prescriptions today. The dialysis manual that I am reading during our training said to do those things. Our pharmacist said that she was going to have to learn more about peretoneal dialysis so she would what meds were okay and what weren't. She was a little concerned about the antibiotic that I picked up today. That is the prescription that he was given due to his bad infection early last year. The infection that makes him have to take this antibiotic for the rest of his life. We will let the kidney team and his infectious disease doctor decide if this one is okay to continue on. The infectious disease doctor is one of the doctors that I messaged today. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment