Friday, August 28, 2020

Turning Into a Hospital!

More supplies arrived today...an IV pole, a scale so we can keep accurate records of Woody's weight, a small scale to hang on the IV pole to weigh the drain bag in case we have to do the manual type of dialysis, a blood pressure machine, a wireless modem so they can get statistics wirelessly, a heating pad to warm the solution if we do the dialysis manually. Nathan came over a little while ago and inwhosed him all that we have received thus far. His eyes got rather big when I showed him the boxes that we will supposedly receive 69 of. We got the call this afternoon as to the 4-hour window that they will deliver the rest on Tuesday. I guess that dialysis training went fairly well this morning. When I was putting the "cassette" into the machine, I was sure that it snapped in but as I started to shut the machine's door, the entire cassette (which consists of many loops of tubing and connectors) fell right out and landed on the floor. Anything that hits the floor must be thrown out. But, again, a good reminder to me that I have to throw it away and not use it. There are just so many "little" rules that are major! I will just be glad when we have the first night under our belts...when we have done it by ourselves. I know in my head that it won't be too long into this that it will all come as second nature since we do it every night! We are supposed to talk to the nutritionist Monday morning. It is still overwhelming and I am extremely tired at the moment. It is about time to go change the dressing on the surgery site where the catheter tube was placed. Still working on doing some more cleaning. I put away some more of Woody's clothes in the drawer that I cleaned out the other day. I do believe that Woody is feeling a little better, at least, as far as his nausea is concerned. He is still very weak. The lest effort still wears him out. But we have to realize that he has yet to receive a full dialysis treatment. That first full treatment will happen Monday night and into Tuesday morning...hopefully while he sleeps. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment