Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Smoother Sailing Today

Getting closer to the culmination of our training. Everything went pretty well today...no malfunctions. It's just a long time to sit there! I think that we will be very happy to be doing them at home over night...at least I hope that we will be happy! We were at the dialysis center from 9am to a little after 2pm. We came home and Woody sat for a few minutes and the had to turn right around and head to his TN Oncology appointment. It looks like he won't be going here for injections anymore since the dialysis space ter has taken over his anemia shots. They will give him vitamin B-12 in another form. Maybe that will be one less medical appointment for us to keep up with. Tomorrow the dialysis machine and the cart that it sits on is scheduled to be delivered. Friday a partial shipment of supplies is to arrive and then Tuesday the BIG ORDER is to arrive. I had to call and confirm our address and phone number to the folk who are sending the BIG shipment. The lady told me that the person who is delivering it will also come in and help me put it away! All good and well...but do I really know where it is ALL going to go?!?! Tomorrow I will wait for the delivery and keep cleaning and getting ready for Monday's first day of dialysis at home. Trying to imagine in my head what our schedule will be in our new normal! One thing I am glad is that the dialysis will take place during the night...that is IF Woody can sleep during it! It will be nice to have the daytime hours be as normal as possible! That's what I see as a big plus in this type of dialysis...doing it at home and doing it while we sleep. We'll see if it is still appealing once we are doing it daily! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment