Saturday, June 27, 2009

Checkin' out the birds!



Hayden is checking out the birds in his backyard. Hayden belongs to our almost 16-year-old granddaughter, Erin. When we were at Melany's earlier in the week, he was very obliging to pose for my camera. He might "star" in another blog on down the road.
We have had a pretty low-key Saturday...except for a couple of visits from two of the neighbor little girls. I took care of Esther (almost 2-year-old granddaughter) for a little while this morning. Then Joy (3-year-old granddaughter) wanted her turn over here for a little while this afternoon. Woody read stories to both the girls during their visits. Woody went to the library this morning and got books and DVDs and has read and watched DVDs during the afternoon. He is rather sleepy this evening. It has been a hot muggy day that is now ending with thunder showers. I have been trying to finish up a baby receiving blanket, but the thunder keeps rolling in and I keep having to unplug my machine. So I have done a bit of reading while waiting out the thunder. I want to get this baby sewing finished so it will be ready when baby boy Dorrell decides to make his entrance in the next few weeks. I also have to machine embroider "I'm The Big Sister" on three t-shirts and "I'm The Big Brother" on one t-shirt. When those are finished, then the baby can arrive! He isn't due till July 17th (my mother's 97th birthday), but we expect him to come earlier than that...their babies have always been born exactly one week before their due date.

No comments:

Post a Comment