Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Here's lookin' at you!



Here's a goldfinch peeking through the leaves. They like the thistle seed in the net sock...but so do the rascally squirrels. I expect to see all the thistle seed on the ground shortly due to a squirrel. But the goldfinches are so pretty when they get to come in for their turn at the seed.


When I came home from church tonight a little after seven, Woody was sound asleep in his recliner...so sound asleep that he didn't stir when I spoke to him or when I started rustling around fixing something for me to eat. He was so still that I decided that I had better check to make sure that he was still breathing...thankfully he was! He continued to sleep soundly for close to a half hour after I got home.


Woody said that he walked at work today at lunch time...he said that he had trouble finding enough shade. His antibiotic warns about being in the sun too much...you would think that he would be thinking about keeping out of the sun due to melanoma...and not just due to meds!
I was about to post this and Nathan rang the doorbell. He came to invite us to go to Sonic for a free root beer float. We took him up on it! Anyone with a Sonic close to them? You have until midnight to get one free! Surely does taste good!

1 comment:

  1. I am surely loving your pictures! It makes me realize how different the states are. Here, I have pigeons stealing my birdseed! The birds here are very black and white anymore. I haven't seen a cardinal in years. Wonder where all the beautiful colors went. Probably washed away by the sun! Thanks for the outdoor looks around. I feel like I've been there.

    ReplyDelete