Friday, June 12, 2009

When life gives you lemons...


...make lemonade! And, Woody found out today the benefits of lemonade! The urologist told Woody that he didn't have a kidney infection, that probably the kidney was still sore from the kidney stone. He told Woody to drink lemonade! So I bought lemons today at the grocery store and will make lemonade now that I have taken the still life picture to post!
Lemonade is being found to be therapeutic for those who have recurrent kidney stones. It is recommended to drink 2 liters of lemonade in a day. Their recipe is 1/2 cup reconstituted lemon juice, 7 1/2 cups of water and sugar or sugar substitute to taste. This recipe makes 2 liters. So it is only one serving! From what I read this is a daily regimen (I can't imagine drinking that much lemonade every day!) Anyway...Woody was told that he probably wouldn't have any stones again...so this treatment probably isn't for his situation...but I will make "real" lemonade with real lemons tomorrow. And, I'm hoping that I might get at least a little sip!
Woody feels better just knowing that the pain wasn't caused by an infection. Always good to know the reason for your pain! He said that now that he has gone to the doctor and that it isn't an infection that he will take pain medication if he gets to hurting badly enough to need it. He hadn't taken pain meds till he saw the doctor as he didn't want to mask pain that might indicate to the doctor what the problem was.
Woody went to work as usual this morning. Left work to go to the doctor. Then returned to work. We are both looking forward to a low-key weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lois, I'm Woody's manager at work. I'm so proud of him and of you too. My wife has a dish towell on our counter that soooo reminds me of your post today. It says "When life gives you lemons, squeeze some in your sweet tea and thank God that you are from the South!!" Woody is THE MAN and he loves our GOD. Thanks for being such an inspiration to me.
    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your beautiful pictures. I look forward to seeing them each day along with an update. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete