Friday, June 5, 2009

Singin' for joy!



I just love this picture of the "singin' robin." This bird reminds me of the bird in "Mary Poppins" that hops onto the window sill and then onto Mary's finger and whistles the tune that Mary is singing. The bird in the movie looked very automated...this one sort of looks like a piece of "yard art" stuck into the ground...but I assure you that he was very real as he hopped around the yard. A very happy robin, I'm thinking! (picture is clickable to make it larger)


I want to let you know that the thistle seed sock was totally gone this morning when I went out on the front porch...not a sign of it!!!! Those rascally (read that pesky) squirrels! Graham has been looking all around the perimeter of the house seeing if he can find any sign of it. I told him about the term "squirreling something away." I told him there was no telling where they had "squirreled" the seeds and sock! Graham just didn't think that they could take it way up in the tall oak trees...but I told him that they probably had found a way!


I asked Woody what I should tell you about him in tonight's blog and he said: "I went to work, I walked at lunch, I came home and sat in my recliner." I will add that he also ate!


No comments:

Post a Comment