Monday, June 22, 2009

This Blue Jay knows something!


This Jay found out something and wants to share it with you! He knows that I called Vanderbilt this morning and the nurse in charge of the drug study called me back after lunch. And here's the scoop: She and Dr. Sosman got the study set up this past Friday and she hadn't gotten around to calling everyone yet. I told her that we were going to be at Vanderbilt tomorrow and wondered if anything could be done...filling out forms, signing papers, etc. And, she has agreed to meet us in the cancer center waiting room after our appointment with Dr. Holt. She will go over what the drug study involves, etc. with us and also have Woody sign consent papers, etc. So perhaps we will get the ball rolling again. I did mention that Woody was having quite a bit of pain in his shoulder area and she said that they would check into prescribing a different medication for his pain. I also told her about his two episodes with kidney stones. A lot has happened, that we need to fill them in on, since we were at Vanderbilt May 11th! They need to be brought up to date. Guess we will have a chance in person tomorrow. Good to get more than one thing done tomorrow...as Woody says..."kill two birds with one stone." (He's hoping that I have a picture of two dead birds to go with tomorrow's post!)
Woody went to work today, walked at lunch, and is now home relaxing. I'm posting early as there is a baby shower this evening for our little grandson-to-be. I'll report tomorrow about our Vanderbilt visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment