Saturday, January 9, 2010

Birds of a feather flock together...

...especially in cold weather! And, it is still quite frigid here in Middle Tennessee. It did get "all the way up" to 21F here today. I'm rather ready for a warm-up!

This hasn't been the greatest day for either Woody or me. I woke up dark and early hurting and couldn't get back to sleep so decided to get up and "play" some more with my printer. "Play" is not exactly the best word as this "toy" (read technology) has caused a bit of frustration. But it is working and working wirelessly...but doesn't always do exactly what I want it to do! I'm sure, given time, it will come as second nature. Woody offered to do the grocery shopping this morning and I readily agreed. So he went to the library, Wally World and also Kroger. But upon his return he started really hurting. He held off several hours before "giving in" to taking a couple of his strong pain pills. And, for him to take a pain pill (even a Tylenol or Ibuprofen), he has to be in a LOT of pain. After he took them, he has felt rather "out of it" the rest of the afternoon. His pain this time was in the place that the melanoma has continued to grow slightly...his upper right side sort of under his arm...not the usual place that he has pain...he usually hurts on the left side. Once he got home he plopped in his recliner and pretty much has stayed there the rest of the afternoon watching DVDs and football. His remote wasn't working for the DVD player, so he asked me to get a DVD started. I groaned as I knelt down on the floor. He told me that he was sorry...then he chuckled and said that we were "a pretty sorry pair!" Because I woke up so early...about mid morning I started fading and took a bit of a nap till lunch time. I made a big pot of potato and ham soup this afternoon...very good on such a cold day. Other than that I haven't accomplished much today...I have put a few more decorations away...but hardly enough to be noticed. Woody is starting to come out of his "drug fog" and hopes to enjoy a football game this evening. His pain is still there, but much less than earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment