Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cycle 7, Day 15

The tree is in the box. And, the call has been put in to Nathan to come over, after he reads bedtime time stories to Graham, Abigail, Joy, and Esther, to help his daddy take the tree box upstairs and get it into the Christmas closet. I thought that I would post another ornament since Christmas isn't all the way put away. This beaded "ball gown" was made by Melany...talk about a lot of work! Aren't the details wonderful?!

Woody got up early, got the Christmas tree box downstairs, went to work, walked at lunch, worked some more, came home and has been relaxing, reading, and watching TV.

Woody's next Vanderbilt appointments hadn't been posted on the Vanderbilt site, so I had told myself that I would call today, if they weren't posted. Well...(they must have been reading my mind) I went to the website this afternoon and lo and behold there were some appointments posted. BUT...all that were posted were the appointment for his next CT Scan at the end of February and his March appointments...no appointments for two weeks from today. So I called...so easy to reach the research nurses...they have given us a direct numbers and they actually answer...themselves...we don't have to go through anyone else! I called the nurse who took care of Woody last month...she didn't answer...I would have had to leave a message...so I decided to call the nurse that we had the month before...she did answer...and she knew immediately what the problem was...they were trying to get an earlier appointment...as what was left was quite late in the afternoon...so I'll be watching for them to post when his appointments actually will be on Feb. 2! She asked how he was doing and I told her that he wasn't doing as well this month...didn't know if it was just cumulative effects of the chemo drugs or...what my intuition is telling me...that his blood pressure is a bit too low...and that perhaps his blood pressure medicine needs to be regulated. She did look at the last BP readings from the last visit and she agreed that perhaps blood pressure meds needed to be addressed...so that will be taken up "when" we are there on Feb. 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment