Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mixed Bag!


We have had a mixed bag of weather today. At the moment it is pouring and thunder is rumbling. Woody came up a little while ago and said that they were showing live pictures of a tornado on the ground in Huntsville, AL. The clouds have really been interesting today. One minute you would think that the sun was going to shine and blue sky would peek through and then you would turn and right behind you it would look like it could pour. The rather blurry pictures were taken just as it started to rain rather hard late this afternoon...I was out on the porch and got pictures just as the rain proceeded down our street. Well, I will say that our roof repairs are getting tested! The temperatures have been very moderate today...really rather pleasant till the rains and thunder and lightning started.

Woody got up early, went to work, walked at lunch, worked some more, came home and has been relaxing, watching TV, reading, and resting his eyes. We got another check from Vanderbilt today...always a nice surprise! Last night our vacuum decided to quit right in the middle of vacuuming the living room...this is not a good time to have the vacuum stop working as I really get serious with cleaning as I take down Christmas decorations and redecorate for "normal life." I didn't sleep well last night due to coughing. I got up this morning with a couple of missions in mind...take the vacuum in for repair and go get some cough medicine. I met both those goals, but by the time I got home, the neighbors weren't home...so no school this morning, and, in the end I took the day off from school to rest and try to get over whatever ails me! I have been working on getting Esther's quilt ready to begin quilting. This is the perfect time to get back to work on the quilt...the living room furniture hasn't been moved back so I have a large area on the floor to work. I have pressed, trimmed threads, and am now preparing the backing...next will be making the quilt sandwich and then pinning it all together...then on to the fun part (I hope that it will be fun!)...quilting it by machine. And, the cough medicine has definitely helped...hope that I sleep better tonight. Woody has continued to pack the Christmas boxes back into the Christmas closet...never an easy job...but I know that it is even harder this year due to various pains...but he is persevering and getting the job done...bit by bit...or guess I should say box by box!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment