Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cycle 7, Day 9

Woody got up early and went to work. He didn't walk at lunch again today...temperatures were still a bit brisk and also (I think) he is still taking it a bit easy. He came home and headed to his recliner. He did start a game of Monopoly with Graham. Melany called a little while ago to check on her daddy. His report to her was that he was tired and sleepy. He is now watching a DVD. I'm hoping that as our temperatures rise this week that he will start to feel better. The chemo or something seems to have taken its toll on him so far this cycle...and I keep reminding him and myself that this is his 7th month on these chemo drugs...and their effects are cumulative.

I have had a busy day with five of our grandchildren. I started off the day watching all five while Nathan and Kathy took in their van to be worked on. After they got back, I came home and ate breakfast and phoned in some of Woody's and my prescriptions, then Esther came over for her school time. After Esther, Joy came over for hers. Then Graham came over to read. Then it was lunch time. Then Abigail came over for her time of reading and just some "Grammy time." After Abigail, Graham came back over to finish the story he started reading to me before lunch, and then he and I got serious about getting ornaments off the Christmas tree. We "played" "Christmas ornament hunt"...finding the ornaments that belong in specific boxes. That takes lots of walks around the tree! We got a pretty good start before I needed to go to the pharmacy to pick up our medicine and then on to church to work in the library for a while. I have taken off some more ornaments after getting home from church. I was hoping to have enough energy to make a pot of soup after I got home from church...but that energy never surfaced!

3 comments:

  1. Lois is that Sydenstiker (sp) glass. I have a beautiful bowl and dessert plate. I just love them. They are made down the cape in Brewster Ma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn, it is the Waterford Crystal 2008 Times Square Ball 100th Anniversary commemorative ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are a very busy woman! I'm tired just reading all that you do. Enjoy those grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete