Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Flurry of Activity


We had snow flurries for a time this morning. I slept through the time that they were coming down the heaviest. But...maybe today was a hint of things to come this coming week...there is snow in the forcast for next week. I mentioned the other night that I really like snow...tonight's collage shows some of our decorations in our family room...a corner Christmas tree full of snowflakes and snowmen, a mantel that is a forest of snowmen...and that is only part of my snowman collection...but I guess you can tell that I like at least the idea of snow!

It has been very cold here today. Today's high was only 23 F and last night it got down in the lower teens. Brrrrr! Woody did walk around the block this afternoon and managed not to turn into an ice cube! I pretty much stayed in all day. I had a rough night of many aches and pains due to the dropping temperatures...my Transverse Myelitis doesn't like drastic changes in temperature/weather and I am really bothered by cold. Woody is having some trouble with his right shoulder...he probably put too much strain on it due to the contortions that he puts his right arm through due to not having much use of his left arm. It is very difficult for him to put on his shirt or his coat...and he has probably pulled something. So he has been being careful today. He has been putting heat on his shoulder. He has watched DVD's, TV (mostly football), and read today.

I have cut some more strips for Esther's quilt...but so far haven't had enough oomph to start sewing them together. I'm also trying to get up enough energy to start undecorating...about my least favorite thing to do that has to do with Christmas (I'm sure that I'm not alone!)! I used to never like to see January 1 roll around, as it meant that it was time to start thinking about taking down and putting away Christmas decorations. One time a co-worker told me that she never took down her decorations till after Epiphany (Jan. 6...traditional date for when the Wisemen might have visited Jesus). Ever since she told me that, I usually wait till after the 6th...but this year we have work that is going to be done on the house...starting after the first of the year...hmmmm...that could be any time. And...our family room is going to be painted...so I want everything down before they say that they are coming to work...of course...when the workers will come after the first of the year is left up in the air...but I don't want to be the reason that work doesn't get started when they are ready to begin. So I must get motivated to undecorate...but...so far that motivation hasn't come over me today! Definitely a lazy day for me...I definitely wasn't a part of any flurry of activity!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment