Saturday, January 16, 2010

Liquid Gold!


Some years back, Woody or I read in a cookbook or magazine that having homemade soup stock in your freezer should be considered "liquid gold." Today I made "vegetable liquid gold" aka vegetable stock. It simmered on the stove top for the last four hours and was ready to strain just as it was time to blog. I will freeze it in two cup portions so I can pull it out of the freezer when needed for our soups and other recipes that call for stock/broth. I also plan to make chicken stock in the next day or so...then we will have two flavors of stock from which to choose.
Woody went to the library this morning. He also delivered the cookies I made last night to the church. He has been reading and watching TV...mainly football. A little while ago he took a walk around the block in the rain. I did our weekly grocery shopping (my exercise for the day!). And, I have been working on church library memorials while the liquid gold simmered. So far today...no time for working on undecorating the tree...one of these days it will be undecorated and put away!

No comments:

Post a Comment