Saturday, May 18, 2013

Celebrations!

Today has been a day of celebrations...birthday celebration for Nathan and grand opening ceremony for Turtle Town! And, who says that life in a small town lacks excitement! Esther was in charge of the cake...she chose that it would be a bunny cake and chose the candies to decorate it! And, look the birthday boy even has bunny ears!!!!! After we had been back home for a while, Joy came over and invited us to a grand opening celebration (BIG secret as to what was being opened...except that it would take place in their back yard!). When we got over there, Nathan made the speech and the children unveiled Turtle Town...home of their turtle, Tillie. Up until today Elijah had told us that the turtle's name was BB Pellet! But they told us today that they had decided to name the turtle something that started with a "t" like turtle! Elijah was in charge of Tillie's special treat...a slice of tomato. Tillie promptly came out from her shaded area and began to eat it. Graham also gave her a wild strawberry and she ate that too. And, note that I say "she." Girl turtles have red eyes...and Tillie has red eyes! Woody got up early and headed off on a morning walk. I was up and he invited me, but I decided that it was a bit too early to get my legs to get moving that much! He walked his four-mile route. I was in sewing mode once again this morning...woke up having figured out how to alter a pattern so headed down to do that. After Woody had been home from his walk for a while, he headed off to run WalMart errands. After this afternoon's cake and ice cream birthday party and after the presents, Woody ran some more errands. I continued to do some sewing, but haven't gotten a lot farther than getting my top cut out and two shoulder seams sewn. Before I can go farther I have to cut a strip to bind the neck edge. Not sure that I'm going to do much more sewing tonight. About ready to go relax in the recliner after all the celebrating we have done today!

No comments:

Post a Comment