Saturday, May 4, 2013

Soggy Saturday!

Raindrops keep falling on our heads! Today was ANOTHER rainy day. The yard sale turned into a garage sale. The hardy yard salers didn't let a little rain stop them from seeking treasures...though not as many treasure hunters today as yesterday. They had a lot stop at the sale today to pick up the professionally smoked Boston Butt's that they had preordered. These Boston Butts were part of Nathan and Kathy's fund raiser for their mission trip to Uganda. Graham brought the one we had ordered over and I immediately started pulling it while it was hot...that way the meat separated from the fat quite easily. It took me a while to pull it all...we enjoyed barbecue sandwiches at lunch...YUM!!!!! Just as I was finished pulling the pork and my hands were still nice and greasy, Nathan came over with a "special delivery"...little Isaac. He was needing some Grammy and Goosey attention! Woody was out running an errand at that time, but came home in time for some play time with Isaac. Woody did the rest of our weekly grocery shopping today and ran a couple of errands. He didn't walk today...too wet. After lunch, I was about done in...again! So I took a long nap...again! Part of my "problem" at the moment is that there is a low pressure area that is hovering right over us and low pressure systems and I don't get along the best...as in they mean lots of EXTRA aches and pains for me. So it is just as well for me to flop in the recliner with the nice soft fleece throw and "escape" into warmth and sleep! We have both gotten in some reading time today. I finished another e-book and am about to finish another book from the church library. The weather has turned quite chilly again...it just barely made it into the 60's today and is 43 right now. Wonder which Middle TN winter this is! I've lost track of the winters...Blackberry? Locust? Know that it isn't Dogwood Winter as they have already bloomed. There is also Redbud Winter...they have already bloomed. Here is a new one for me... Whippoorwill Winter...oh, and, here is another that I hadn't heard of...Linsey-Woolsey Britches Winter! According to folklore Whippoorwill Winter is the last cold snap and that it is a herald that warmer days are coming to stay. It is when the whippoorwills begin their migration back from Mexico. There...a little folklore for you. I'm hoping that the whippoorwills are in the area and that this is the last really cold snap this Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment