Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Warm Wednesday

It was definitely warmer today...actually got to 75 today...quite nice. I won't be able to say that no rain drops fell, as a little while ago we had a quick shower. Woody and Graham walked to Graham's orthodontist appointment this morning (and, of course, they walked back home!). Before they got back, the phone rang and it was the dermatologist's office. I didn't get to the phone in time so they just left a message for Woody to call back. He did call back when he got home. The pathologist report shows that the place removed from Woody's nose was basal cell carcinoma--the most common form of skin cancer. This has nothing to do with his melanoma. He will go back in a couple of weeks and they will cut a bit deeper to get down to "good" tissue. I had school with Elijah, Esther, Joy, and Graham. Joy's science lessons are currently about birds. Today she studied about blue jays...after she finished her lesson, we cleaned up the hummingbird feeder and filled it with new hummingbird food. After we got it hung, we looked out at one of the bushes on the other side of our driveway and there was a blue jay. She was excited and watched it after it flew into the neighbor's front yard. Tonight's blog photo is of a mockingbird, TN's state bird. Joy will study mockingbirds soon...plenty of those around! Esther and Elijah got Woody to walk around the yard looking for snake holes!!! They also showed me some new flowers that are in bloom. Graham worked hard on an English lesson...brought back memories for me...diagramming sentences!!! Something that I really enjoyed when I did it back in my school days...but also something that I have pretty much totally forgotten how to do! Graham showed me how and helped to refresh my memory! After I ate lunch, I headed to the church library. We continued to work on inventory...more than half-way through our fiction section. Slowly but surely eating through the "elephant" of a job! Only one way to eat an elephant...one bite at a time!!!! Woody continues to work in our yard...definitely an on going job. He did some mowing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment