Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Walkin' Wednesday!

At least for Woody it was a "Walkin' Wednesday." He took a pretty long walk and when he got back he had time to eat a piece of watermelon and then head off to walk Abigail to her orthodontist appointment. She thinks that is the only way to go to the orthodontist!!! Woody guesses that he walked around ten miles today. I had school while he was walking. Elijah, Esther, Jana, Joy, and Graham. Then I had lunch and then headed to the church to work in the library for a couple of hours. Once again the time went quickly and we got quite a lot accomplished...books entered in the computer, books checked in and shelved, and then we did some radical weeding in the children's non-fiction section...now to delete them from the computer. Now we have room to add some new titles...guess I had better get busy and buy some! I came home and fixed our supper--Eggplant Parmesan. How can sliced eggplant, sliced tomatoes, fresh basil, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, and some garlic and olive oil end up tasting so good?!? But good it was (well, still is as there is enough for another meal--my kind of cooking--leftovers that keep me out of the kitchen on another night). I love to cook, but I like time off from cooking too! I sat on the front porch this morning while I ate my breakfast and watched several squirrels romp in our front yard. Do you think that perhaps the squirrels were watching me as well?!? They are funny creatures, but rascally none the less!!!! They have enjoyed dumping the bird feeders that Joy and I filled the other day. It hasn't kept the birds away...they enjoy eating the seed off the ground as well as from a feeder! Of course the squirrels have had more than their share!

No comments:

Post a Comment