Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Good Job, Esther!!!!!

Esther played a trick on me this afternoon. After I finished lunch, I called Esther to come over for her school time. When she came in, I was finishing up in the kitchen. She said that she would go on upstairs. As I was going up the stairs, I asked her how much more she had and said that she must be about finished. When I walked into the school room, she started laughing. She had her workbook out on the table--all finished! She thought that it was so funny that she had tricked me! Finishing that math workbook brought her kindergarten year to a close! She has worked really hard and has learned a lot! Congratulations, Esther, on completing kindergarten!!! I can't believe that she is ready for first grade! Woody made sweet potato waffles for breakfast this morning. Yum! He has also worked quite a bit on the laptop. I had school this morning with Abigail, Graham, and Joy...they're not finished with school yet! Esther will continue to come over here to read. She read two more stories in her current Dick and Jane book. Then she went home and brought back a math workbook that she can do on her own! She thinks that is great! It's wonderful when children look on learning as fun! She was thrilled with her new workbook and did several pages in it before heading home. I stewed a chicken today and lots of different fresh herbs. I took a bit of a nap...not meaning to...my sister called and woke me up...but I am glad or I would have probably slept away the whole afternoon! Graham came over to work on a K'nex creation that he dreamed up...sometime later Joy joined him as well as Esther...and at a point Elijah joined them. We had quite a lot of K'nex building going on. Elijah is learning how to build with K'nex so I got down on the floor and helped him. He's getting the hang of K'nex but still needs a bit of help following the diagrams. He is using the original set that was a "pickle present" at Christmas quite a few years ago. This set starts out with simple objects and works up to more complicated. He really wants to build one of the more complicated ones...that actually can roll around on wheels. So I started helping him with a car this afternoon. Woody left a little while ago to walk to the prayer room at church. I cut the chicken off the bone and I have worked a little more on sorting pictures. I am having to figure out how I want to handle the pictures that I'm taking with my new camera so that is making the process a bit more complicated AND the reason that I haven't sorted any photos since I got it the first of March. I started sorting the photos from it this afternoon. Well, I'm heading down to fix some supper. Later tonight will be the finale of Dancing With the Stars. (I'm ready for it to be over!)

No comments:

Post a Comment