Saturday, May 25, 2013

Saturday

This day has been busy, busy, busy! I got up determined that I would "work on" cleaning the house. I have worked "at it" but there is still much to do! Graham spent part of the morning and till a little after lunch time with us today. His family was going to pick up one of his cousins and they needed his place in their vehicle to get her to their house! He was like a very quiet little mouse...he read most of the time. While he was reading, I continued to sort some of my photos while the washer and drier were working for me! I also got a Boston Butt pork roast simmering for our barbecue on Memorial Day. That cooked for quite a few hours with me just checking on it every so often. Graham ate lunch with us and then after lunch he husked the corn that Goosey (Woody) bought at the store this morning. After husking the corn, Graham and I sat on the front porch and read. It has been a beautiful day. Now if the mosquitoes would just go away! Woody went to the grocery stores this morning...hopefully we have bought enough (and the right ingredients) for our Memorial Day feast! This afternoon I continued to work around the house...which included putting away quite a few loads of clothes and also changing and making a couple of beds and doing a bit of vacuuming. Woody walked four miles this afternoon including stopping at the drugstore to pick up one of my prescriptions on his route. Early this evening Nathan and Kathy and family went to pick strawberries. Isaac stayed with us. He had fun sliding and playing with toys. It is so cute the way he says Elijah's name. I wanted Woody to hear him say "Elijah" which started Isaac calling for Elijah for the longest time. Now the dish washer is running and I'm off to put the finishing touches on the Sunday School lesson/discussion that I'm leading tomorrow. I was planning to mop the kitchen floor...but that will have to wait for another day! I'm done with cleaning for today...or should I just say that I am done in?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment