Tuesday, January 7, 2014

1,794 Posts Later!

Five years ago this date I began this blog to keep family and friends updated on Woody and his treatments for Melanoma. At the time I never dreamed that I would still be blogging five years from that date! I am very thankful that Woody is still here to blog about! At the time that I started blogging he was expected to live less than a year. Lots of water has gone under the bridge in those five years! Lately I have pretty much just posted drivel...but here we are once again facing a big question mark as to what we will be facing...and, I am once again getting ready to update folks on what is found out/decided about the tumor that is on his leg. We had a fairly uneventful trip today. As you can see by the first picture it registered -10F during our drive this morning. You can see that the water seeping out of the crevices looked quite lovely along the road as we traveled. The weather was good the whole trip...just very cold. The highest outside temp that the car registered today was 18F. Pretty cold! We were quite comfortable in the car...Woody kept his side of the car at the temp he wanted and I kept mine where I was comfortable. Tonight's picture shows us one of our mysteries of the day...I didn't know that I was taking a picture of it at the time! One of us turned on the emergency flashers...I think that it was probably me...but we aren't for sure. Well, once they were turned on we had no idea how to shut them off. I grabbed the iPad and tried to search the car manual. All we could find in the manual was to push the button on the control panel. Well, we did not know what that button looked like...nor what was considered the instrument panel. We pulled off at a rest stop and continued to search for the elusive button! Woody had me change seats with him and see if I could find it. Finally in desperation I decided to call Nathan and see if he had any idea where it might be. Well, when Kathy answered the phone, a light came on in my head and I realized that I had seen the triangular emergency symbol somewhere that day...and there it was in between the vents in the center of the dashboard. We now know that what I pictured in tonight's blog is the instrument panel...and that rectangle with the red triangle on it is the button one presses for the flashers to turn on! I don't think that we will forget where that button is again! I'm sure that it added at least 15 minutes onto our trip! But we got underway once again and about 12 hours after we started we pulled into our hotel. It's good to be here. We will get up and have breakfast here and then head on down the road to NIH. Woody gets to eat this time as the instructions say that he can't eat anything after noon. The good Lord willin' I'll be posting from Pooks Hill in Bethesda, MD tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment