Monday, January 6, 2014

It's Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrry Cold!

I took this photo of the thermometer a little after 9am this morning. As you can see out the window, we didn't get but a dusting and the roads seem to be okay. We didn't get the snow and ice that was predicted, but we definitely got the plummeting temperatures. Weather Bug is reporting that it is 5 degrees at the Tullahoma airport as I write this. They are predicting that it will get down to 2 before morning's light! That means that it will probably be very cold as we head off dark and early. The trip looks more like a reality today...suitcases laying open...mostly full...hotel reservations made for the next two nights...piles of items to take next to the garage door. Looking like a trip is close at hand! Woody headed over to the neighbor grandchildren this morning to take care of them while Kathy and Nathan went for her OB appointment. All is well with the mommy and the babe...just playing the waiting game for a few more weeks. I joined them and helped some with school work and then listened to some of them read after Kathy and Nathan returned. After lunch Woody and I made a quick trip to the church library for Woody to get a book. Then the rest of the day has been about getting ready. Woody has been working on getting the dishes in the kitchen washed and the counters cleared and cleaned off. I have been working at the packing. I will say that I "think" that all clothes are in the suitcases. I'm going to go over my list one more time after I finish blogging. We are taking two suitcases...one that we will take into the hotels with us and one that is our "just in case" suitcase. I have packed some extra clothes "just in case" they have us staying longer. I figure that if I am prepared for a longer stay it probably won't happen! Well, the good Lord willin', I will be blogging from Fairfax, VA tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment