Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Mid January...already!

Can you believe that it is already the 15th of January!?! I can't...time continues to fly! Today I got up and told myself that I was going to abandon the undecorating and work on "big brother" and "big sister" shirts. The baby is due January 31...so the due date is approaching fast...and Kathy usually has her babies about a week prior to her due date. I need to get going on these shirts! Well, I got going on the sewing, but got bogged down on the first shirt! But before lunch I did have Graham's finished...so one down and five to go (the others "should" go more quickly)! After lunch, I headed off to church to work in the library. While I was at the library, Woody headed off to get an estimate for car repairs. The newness didn't last long! The night before last a large branch fell and landed across the back of our new car and dented both back fenders and I guess did damage to the outside of the trunk and I'm not sure what all...but the estimate shows that there must be quite a bit to be done to it...at least by the high estimate amount (guess these days it doesn't take much damage to up the estimate)! Woody found the damage yesterday when he went outside to put the car in the garage because there was a prediction of possible snow...oops...didn't get it in before that branch fell! Oak trees are notorious for dropping branches and one definitely found/made its mark! Oh, well, I'm sure that it will look good as new once it is fixed. And, I guess we can say that neither of us put the first scratch on it! After I got home from working in the library, I fixed our supper. My streak of energy for the day has worn off so I don't think that I will be heading back to the sewing machine today...so just one big brother shirt to show for today's sewing efforts. As the sun was going down tonight the clouds were just beautiful...so I attempted to capture their pretty color=tonight's photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment