Monday, January 20, 2014

"I'm so proud of me!"

Isaac is getting to be such a big boy...getting a big boy haircut, getting potty trained, going to be a big brother shortly! Tonight's blog title is what Isaac said to his mommy this morning when he told her that he had used the potty while she was at her doctor's appointment! And, we were proud of him too! Woody got up and helped me by cleaning up the dishes that hadn't been put in the dishwasher and cleaning off the counters. All the clutter around here due to the undecorating is getting to me...so having at least one clear place in the house really looked good to me! I had school with Isaac and the Elijah over here...trying to get back to routine after the holidays and our trip to NIH and me trying to get the house put back together and before Kathy has the baby! Then I headed next door to take care of the six children while Nathan and Kathy went to Kathy's ob appointment. The word is that she has started dilating and that they could be heading to the hospital just about any time...at this point Kathy is thinking "the sooner the better!" While I was over there I listened to several read and helped them with some of their lessons. Abigail and Joy were feeling better, but Graham was starting to not feel so great. While I was over there, Woody stayed close to home as we were expecting the insurance adjuster to come to see the damage on our car. That did happen while I was next door...so we are on to the next step to getting the car fixed. We are on the list at the "car fix-it" place now. Woody did some work in the yard including some raking. The leaf truck made another round so once again the pile of leaves at the edge of our yard is gone. I ate some lunch and then rested for a few minutes and then got busy again on packing up Christmas decorations. I managed to get five or six pretty good sized boxes filled and brought upstairs before my body said that it needed rest! And, rest it did...as in a pretty long nap. Woody took a four-mile walk this afternoon...probably a good day to take one as the temperatures today have been very pleasant. We have another cold front approaching...bone chilling temperatures are going to be with us for the next five days or so...not looking forward to that! I'm thinking that my body knows that the front is on its way as I have been rather achy this afternoon and evening...one reason that I had to give in to a rest. My undecorating is getting closer to just being the Christmas trees...I am soooooooooooo ready for this mess to be finished and away and the house to be back to "normal!" Woody is still waiting to hear from the radiology folk.

No comments:

Post a Comment