Wednesday, January 29, 2014

One Week Old!

I can hardly believe that little Joseph Samuel is already one week old. I called a couple of minutes after he was officially one week. I didn't go over there as I think that I may be getting what the rest of the crew has had over the last couple of weeks. I feel half-way good as long as I sit in my chair. And, when I think about it, that is exactly what the children did last week with this...stayed very still. I still continued to do some things as I am determined that the tree is going to be undecorated before February steps in the door! I have accomplished quite a bit today considering...lots of ornaments off and lots stored away in boxes. I also stewed chicken and made broth...preparing for our next soup...well gumbo this time. Woody headed off into the cold this morning to go for his sixth radiation treatment. He wasn't home as quickly today as most days. He ended up seeing and talking with the radiologist. He found out that he will have scans of some sort on Monday to see what the radiation has done so far so the doctor can decide how many more treatments he will need to have. The radiologist explained today that he is planning for Woody to have from twenty to twenty-five treatments. The reason for so many is that they are giving him smaller doses at each treatment as that is kinder to his flesh...trying to prevent him from burning. The radiologist told him that the radiation that he is getting should not make him tired nor should it compromise his immune system...so we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment