Saturday, January 18, 2014

More Celebrating!

I just love this picture of Isaac helping his mommy blow out her candles! He is becoming quite the expert at celebrating birthdays! He did a good job of helping his mommy open her presents too! Woody went to the grocery stores and the library this morning...wore himself out! I put groceries away...one of my goals was to have the kitchen table cleared enough for him to put the grocery bags on when he got back home. The kitchen table still has a lot of Christmas "stuff" on it to be put away so I cleared off some and pushed the rest to the back of the table. Didn't help with the undecorating but did give a place to put some bags of groceries. I put the groceries away. Nathan called and invited us over for lunch, birthday cake and ice cream and presents to celebrate Kathy's birthday. We gladly accepted the invitation. They had homemade pizza...in the shapes of a heart and a face. After cake and ice cream we adjourned to the living room for presents and then Esther presented a show. We stayed and visited for a while and then headed home. I had in mind to get back to undecorating, but tiredness took over and I had a nap first. The undecorating has gotten to the overwhelming stage...when I start I seem to go great guns...but it doesn't take long to get bogged down. Today I have cleared several surfaces, dusted and then started putting back everyday decorations "as I find them." The "as I find them" is what slows down the process! I sat down a little while ago and boxed up a lot of Christmas bells. I have also been caught up washing clothes and putting them away...so that has cut into the "undoing" a bit! Every day tasks sometimes just can't be ignored! Woody said that he had some pretty good rest periods this afternoon. One of his tricks to resting is to pop in a DVD...not long after he will be asleep. He said that it has taken his three or four watchings of one movie to finally get through the whole thing! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KATHY! Now to wait for the next...and it will be a true birth day! Not many days now till baby Dorrell makes his or her appearance!

No comments:

Post a Comment