Friday, January 3, 2014

Newly Licensed!

Big news in the Dorrell and Proctor households today...Alex got his driver's license! We signed over our red 1996 Taurus to them so now he has wheels when he needs them. He's the first of our grandchildren to become a licensed driver. We had a nice visit with Melany and Alex. They stayed through lunch. Then they headed back to Murfreesboro with Melany in the lead...Alex's first solo drive! Late this afternoon Woody went for his 4-mile walk. This morning I got up and put our lunch in the oven to cook. Not long after Melany and Alex got here, the neighbor Dorrell's started drifting over. Aunt Melany brought more rubber bands for the looms she had given them for Christmas. They are making bracelets and necklaces right and left! Some of the bands she brought today were glow in the dark...so some time was spent going in and out of the downstairs bathroom to check to see if they glowed. I have a new magazine sorting job...one of my friends is moving and she decided that she wasn't going to move all her sewing magazines so she brought a stack of ones that I don't have over to me! I'm not sure that getting rid of the Christmas magazines makes up for the ones that I added today! The ones she gave me gives me a more complete set of this particular magazine. They are good references for techniques plus they have lots of good patterns in them for the children. I will enjoy looking through them before I add them to the ones that I have. I keep saying to myself that I "need" to do something to get ready for our trip that is looming ahead of us...but so far all I have done is think about it...and I did do wash when I thought that we were going this week...so that is one job that won't be too huge as I will probably only need to do one or two small loads. I am planning to make a new travel neck pillow for the new car...the old one is looking pretty decrepit. I found the fabric that I want to make the new one from so I think that I will go cut it out...maybe even sew around it so I can get it turned and stuffed and ready for the trip...that would be doing "something" to get ready! This cold weather has made me not want to do much except to stay inside, lounge around and try to keep warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment