Friday, January 17, 2014

Signed, Sealed, and Delivered!

I started off the morning doing a bit more on getting the house back to normal...still a ways to go...but at least the task is well underway. I spent part of that time getting non-Christmas back on the mantel in the family room. I needed Woody's help to carry the USS Constitution model, that my grandfather built, back downstairs and back on the mantel. It is a two person job...one to carry the boat and one to carry the stand. It got transferred safely. I have added something new to the mantel decor and am now seeing if I like the change! Woody worked at the computer while I was doing that. I needed the computer before I could continue with the big brother/sister shirts so when he was finished I headed back to the sewing room. Before I went to bed last night I had four shirts done. That left me with the shirts for the two youngest in their family. Joy came over after lunch and she helped me in the sewing room. She put away embroidery thread spools in their appropriate boxes and also helped me find matching thread for each of the shirts. After they were all embroidered, I sewed a soft piece of fabric onto the back to cover up any scratchy places on the back of the embroidery designs. Joy and I carried them downstairs and Joy arranged them on the love seat so I could snap a picture. Not long after that Graham and Elijah popped over. While I was upstairs, the three of them decided that they would clean up the toy closet...how nice! Elijah was asking me when he would have school again...he was ready right then so he went upstairs and chose something to bring down so we could have a bit of school. He stayed over for a bit after Joy and Graham left. Joy and Graham left each carrying three shirts! So they are finished and delivered! I will get back to school this coming week whether I am undecorated or not...it has been good to have this week to be able to concentrate on the house and the big brother/sister shirts. I realized last night a while after I posted that I really didn't explain about the title of yesterday's blog..."A Marked Man...Again!" Back in April of 2009, Woody had radiation on his left arm...the one that the melanoma tumor was surgically removed prior to him having IL-2 at Vanderbilt. After he recovered sufficiently from his IL-2 treatments, he went through a round of 15 radiation treatments during the month of April here in Tullahoma. He is going to the same radiation center this time that he went to back in 2009. He has great confidence in them...and that counts for a lot! The radiation center still hasn't called to get his appointments set up. We did hear from our insurance today for the car...the adjuster will come on Monday to assess the damage. If it isn't one thing...it is another! I'm done in for today...but tomorrow I am going to get back to attacking the house...Christmas coming down slowly but surely...normalcy coming back...slowly but surely! One of these days..! But one thing can be said...baby can now arrive as his/her siblings have shirts to greet him/her! Phew...met that goal ahead of baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment