Monday, October 5, 2015

Blue Sky and Sunshine!

We were all so excited to see the sun shine today. It had been cloudy, overcast and/or rainy for the last seven days. I had my school time with Joseph, Isaac, Joy, Esther, Abigail, and Elijah this morning. Once again the morning just flew by. After lunch Woody took a short walk with Joseph in the stroller. Later Woody walked four miles. After lunch, I filled the bird feeders and waited to see if some would come and partake. Not long after I sat down on the porch glider rocker, this little fellow came. He has some red on his head so I know that he is a male downy woodpecker. I was trying out different settings on my camera. While I was outside Joy, Esther, and Elijah came out and roller bladed...again everyone was so glad to get out in the sunshine. Woody made his red lentil soup again and this time didn't put in the cayenne pepper...it was much more palatable. I'm still a little reserved about loving lentils...they have such a grainy texture...but I will say that this was much better than Woody's first attempt with the recipe when he put all the cayenne pepper in that the recipe called for...I will now put it in with our other tried and true soup recipes. This morning Woody had Bible study with Jeff at the Life Care Center. Woody has also "played" a bit with his new small electric leaf blower. Graham got it out of the box and going for him. Nathan had fixed the electric outlet on our front porch so Woody could use it with an electric blower. This blower has a really long cord so it has a far reach. Woody is hoping that this will be a good tool to especially the acorns (and leaves) off the walkway and the driveway and also blow the leaves off the porch. He has a large leaf blower, but it can be rather cumbersome for these smaller jobs. Maybe we won't break our ankles rolling on acorns as we walk down the walk to the driveway to get into our car...it can be a rather treacherous walk when there are acorns hiding under leaves. And, by the thuds that I keep hearing on our roof, the acorns are definitely starting to fall...at times fast and furiously. "Chicken Little" will be thinking that the sky is falling...a favorite childhood story of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment