Thursday, October 22, 2015

Dose of Culture

The day started out fairly normally...school for me and the neighbor grandchildren. Melany and Erin arrived a little after ten while Joy was reading. I sent Erin, Melany, and which ever children were here out to the family room so I could finish reading with Joy and Abigail. Then it was Esther's turn and we were going to make butter today by shaking heavy cream in a jar. We were glad for all the extra hands! A little before Melany and Erin arrived Woody headed of on his daily walk...I think four miles by how long he was gone. After Esther, we got ready and headed off to Motlow Community College...the Moore County campus to view the art exhibit that Melany had some pieces in. We got there and walked around and viewed the various pieces. I did manage to capture the artist (Melany) comtemplating one of her pieces...her dragonfly acrylic mosaic. We sampled the refreshments and talked to friends and Melany explained her art pieces to several people. Then we came home and had a late lunch. Not long after lunch Melany headed back to Murfreesboro as she has a Motlow class to teach tonight. Erin and I headed off to the library so she could load up on some books to read while she is here and she also got several DVD's to perhaps watch. Not long after we got back the children captured Erin and headed off to play. Erin and Goosey babysat for Nathan and Kathy's Thursday night date. I fixed salad ingredients for a late supper after the babysitting. Erin has shown me a couple of tricks with PhotoShop Elements...it's so much easier for the younger generations to do all these computer things...I try to dabble, but Erin can just take over and do ever so much more than I can. She is playing one of her games behind me as I type. I'm ready for my chair. I am just pages away from finishing the one book that has taken me forever. I checked out some more books so I'll have a choice as to what I will read after I finish this one. I am determined that I will finish this one tonight. I dread this one as I fear that once again President Lincoln will be assassinated before this one ends...when I read books about Lincoln, I always wish that the ending could be different! Woody is downstairs with his book and the TV on...so guess the three of us have settled in for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment