Thursday, October 15, 2015

Leveled Out

The stump grinder got fixed and came to grind up the stump late this morning. Abigail was having her sewing time with me, but we made some time to go see what was going on and for me to get the last of the tree as its stump disappeared. By the end of the day the only piece of "equipment" that I could see from our bedroom window was the little boys small play mower. It looked pretty tiny out there in the middle of all the ground that got leveled and holes filled in. They fixed the fences back and also changed the screen that a tree branch managed to poke through. I don't know how the screened-in porch didn't receive more damage. So that entertainment is over at leat for that tree! Woody didn't walk till later in the day today. He worked in the yard some today, too. I had school this morning...a usual Thursday. After lunch Joy came over to have her sewing lesson that she missed on Tuesday while we were at Vanderbilt. After Joy's sewing time, I got to work on a salad that I had been waiting to make till I got something in the mail...a small hand held blender. I had seen several chefs on TV use this small kitchen appliance and decided that I wanted one. Today I used it to make the marinade dressing for the salad. While I Joy and I were sewing, Woody went next door to watch the remaining children while Nathan and Kathy went to do some errands. Then just a few minutes ago I made another recipe of a salad dressing that we had while Cheryl was here. This new gadget definitely mixes up dressings well. I also plan to use it when I am making soups that need to be pureed...or part needs to be mixed really well. As I was putting the salad in the refrigerator I got a call from the Hasty's and they were going to stop by. They had a treat for us and the neighbor Dorrell's...baby Frosties. We had a short, but nice, visit. Then I handed out Frosties. The children were happy when I appeared at the door with the big Wendy's bag filled with their treats. It was the perfect time as they had just finished their supper. After making this last dressing, I got the dishes either into the dishwasher or washed them by hand. So the kitchen is relatively clean. Then I came up here to blog. I will publish this and then head down with a couple of mugs that are up here and put them in the dishwasher and get the dishwasher going. Then it is going to be recliner time for me. Woody is already settled into his recliner. He is watching a movie that he got at the public library. I plan to get back to reading. I am finally making some headway on this historical novel...it is a slow read...almost like a history text book...but with dialogue! But it is enjoyable and I am learning more about President Lincoln's administration...through the eyes of the daughter of his Treasury Secrtary...Salmon Chase's daughter, Kate. She was purported to be Mrs. Lincoln's rival. Well, off to the dishwasher and then I have to divvy up my medicines for another week...then I can read...unless I fall asleep. I'm pretty tired this evening. Now that I look back on it...it has been a busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment