Monday, October 19, 2015

Lazy Fall Afternoon...at least for me

Our morning went pretty much as usual for Monday...school for me and Bible study with Jeff for Woody. We had lunch and then I went upstairs to my chair and didn't move very much for the rest of the afternoon. The afternoon sun came in on me in my chair and it was nice and toasty for a nice long Fall nap! The neighbor Dorrell's and Woody didn't take quite the leisurely time that I did. They raked both our front yards and then in the afternoon some, along with Woody, pulled nails from boards back where they plan to build their clubhouse. After Woody helped with that for a while he headed off on a four-mile walk. I finally got up and managed to make us a dinner with leftovers plus a baked potato. I finished the parlsey dehydrating job by chopping it all up in the food processor. I ended up filling up the six trays in the dehydrator the first drying time and then two trays the second drying time. Once I got it chopped, I put it all in our large parsley container and also put some some in the neighbors' (Nathan and Kathy) parsley container. Woody left a while ago to go to the church as they were having a special time to visit those who have recently visited out church and take them a freshly baked loaf of bread. It has been a beautiful Fall day here in Middle Tennessee. The temperatures weren't quite as cold as they had been the last couple of days. I wasn't as miserable...the change from warm to cold is always a hard one for me...or at least has been since I "got" Transverse Myelitis (12 1/2 years ago). I look forward to the cooler temperatures each year forgetting what they "do" to me as they change back and forth. Well, this period of extra cold, as in getting to just about freezing, is behind us at least for a few days, as the forecast is for rising temperatures for the next few days. I look forward to the Fall blue skies and mild temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment