Saturday, October 3, 2015

Saturated Saturday!

Today has been saturated both with rain and activities...and with lots of rests (for me)! I woke up this morning after falling asleep last night rather early for me...my glasses were still on, the light was on, my book on my lap, and my iPad on the arm of the chair. I guess I slept rather soundly as I didn't awaken during the night...it was around 7:30 when I woke up. I would have thought that I had gotten caught up a bit on my sleep...but during the day I caught several cat naps and had one long nap in the afternoon. I "think" that the reason that I may be so sleepy lately is that I went back to three neurontin (pills to handle nerve pain). I am prescribed three a day, but over the last months I have just taken two, but with the season change I have been having more of the strange nerve pain that accompanies Transverse Myelitis so started taking the third one. These pills can make one sleepy...at one time I was prescribed four a day and I just couldn't handle that many...I just seemed to "never" wake up...felt like I was just waking up the whole day. My neurologist agreed that was probably what was causing my sleepiness so he cut back to prescribing three...and I seemed to handle three pretty well...I take one in the morning and two before bedtime. I am guessing since I had gotten used to taking just two during the summer when my TM is better (it likes hot weather and weather that isn't constantly changing back and forth), that adding the extra has made me extra sleepy. Anyway, something is making me want/need to take several naps during the day. Woody did his normal Saturday errands this morning...WalMart, fruit and vegetable market, library. Later in the day he walked four miles. It has been a very chilly day...never got out of the 50's so he walked later in the day. It has drizzled and/or misted quite a bit again today. It has been so dreary lately with so much rain...we are ready for a few sunshiny days! The neighbor grandchildren have been in and out today. Isaac came over and played some of the things that he likes to play on my iPad. Elijah came over and we did the machine embroidery for his tooth pillow that he is making during his sewing time with me. So it is now ready to add a pocket for the tooth and then make it into a pillow...I think that we may get it made before that tooth comes out. Esther popped in as soon as their mail arrived as she knew that our mail would be here too. She and Goosey (Woody) went out to retrieve ours and sure enough the package we had been waiting for had arrived. It was a number game to add to the "game" that we gave her for her birthday. Some may have heard of it..."Osmo." It is a game that was invented to be used with an iPad. All the things that can be done with it are really cool...from drawing to tangram puzzles to spelling (letters) and now numbers have been added to it. She had to finish her English for the week before she could play the number game. Her English was about using a "real" dictionary...ummmmmmmm...these lessons took a long time...she said that she doesn't like a dictionary very much! She finally got to come over and had a grand time playing with the new game (a game to make math fun!). We lost track of time because Grammy wasn't wearing her watch so she and Isaac stayed over here a bit longer probably than their parents planned for them to. While we were playing the new game, Goosey (Woody) was downstairs cutting and coring apples for a snack that he is taking for the youth Sunday School in the morning. I am going downstairs to finish up the dip that goes with them...a very yummy snack...better than their usual store bought donuts! Well, I will go back and finish the dip...all the above is the reason that I am getting to the blog a bit late...blame it on a fun new Osmo game...I had fun watching Esther having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment