Friday, October 2, 2015

Lazy Rainy Friday

This little bird, a female downy woodpecker, played hide and seek with me among the branches of our dogwood tree for quite a while before she got up enough nerve to go feast at the suet cage. This is one of the birds that never came around while Cheryl was visiting. I wonder if there was too much visiting going on on the porch for the downies to come around? Woody walked four miles this morning...a rather chilly, damp walk. It has rained off and on a good part of the day. I hear it on the roof as I type this...just a gentle rain at the moment. I am the one who had the lazy day. I woke up way too early this morning. I did some reading and checking emails, etc. until Woody was up and around. Then I went downstairs and fixed some breakfast. It was rather chilly in the house in the early hours so I found some warm clothes to wear. After breakfast, I decided to watch the latest episode of Project Runway...well, I snuggled in my recliner and covered up with a fleece throw and it wasn't long till I was asleep...guess making up for waking up so early! I slept away a good portion of the morning. Woody headed next door after lunch to take care of the neighbor grandchildren as Nathan and Kathy had an appointment. I did manage to accomplish something while he was over there...I vacuumed all the rooms downstairs. Woody has read, watched some TV and challenged the computer to quite a few Scrabble games. I continue to read my two historical books...one fiction and one nonfiction. I am reading about two periods (James Madison's presidency (nonfiction) and Abraham Lincoln's presidency (fiction)...so it can get a bit confusing at times...trying to remember which period I am reading in! Mostly today I have been reading the one about Lincoln's time period. Neither book is a fast read...wonder if I will be able to get them read before the library's limit of renewals is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment