Monday, October 12, 2015

Look Who's Two Handfuls!

Today is our Joy's actual birthday...as well as Columbus Day. And, Joy continues to celebrate her 10th birthday. She got presents from her family today...including this speciality unicycle...a three-wheeled one that will allow her to do some special tricks in their shows. She still has at least one more celebration...when she will share the day with Abigail...we will give them both our presents and Auntie Cheryl's presents that day. I think that cake and ice cream happens that day. Today was waffles and ice cream for breakfast with her Aunt Nancy and cousin Jana here. Fun times all around! I had a usual Monday school day...well, as usual as it can be after waffles and ice cream for breakfast. I sensed that mose were anxious to get back to doing other things! Joy was anxious to get her school work over...both here and at home so she could start building one of the large Lego sets that she had gotten. Woody went to the Life Care Center and had Bible Study with Jeff. After lunch I decided that it was time to gather things together that I want to take to Vanderbilt tomorrow. His appointments are drawn out over a longer time tomorrow since he is having a PET scan along with the other three appointments that he usually had (labs, doctor, Keytruda infusion). So I want to be sure that I have several things to occupy my time. One thing that I will at least get a start on is the Sunday School lesson for Sunday...that meant that I needed to look through things and decide what I needed to take. So I studied a bit on the lesson. Then I decided that I would bite the bullet and get letters for library memorials written. I have another of my library workers who usually does these, but she is out of pocket at the moment and will be for a while so I decided that I had better go on and do them. It is always a painstaking job...at least for me. It always seems to take longer than it should! I have to do a lot of form filling out...which I had most done before today. But there were still addresses to check on and several other things to fill in. I have form letters...but...when I write them I feel that I need to make them more personal. There are situations that are unusual...like today one lady had given a memorial book for someone and several others had given memorial books for her husband (had to figure out the best way to put gift information and the thank you all in one letter. Anyway...it ALWAYS gets very confusing even though it is all done in the computer. I thought that I had them all done and then I wondered if I really had the right address for one of the letters...and, so, needed to make a phone call to check to make sure...and, I didn't have the right address...glad I checked. There were several with unusual name spellings...and I messed up and had to go back and redo those letters...three letters I had to reprint three times. Then there was the one memorial where I had neglected to write the books down that I had assigned as memorials...thought I knew...but still needed to check and that meant a trip to the church. I was right about which books I had assigned, but it was best that I made doubly sure. After I had the envelopes addressed and the letters printed out, I had Woody double check them and let him seal and stamp them and put them in our mail box and raise the flag. I hope that they are right!!!!! They are out of my hands at least! I am just glad that job is done for the moment. All I can say is that no matter how well I attempt to have the information organized, I always leave the letter writing part of my librarian job with my head spinning! Woody walked to the barber this afternoon and he also blew leaves for a while. I didn't ask him if he walked farther than the barber and back as I didn't want to know...as the rule from the PET scan people was "no exercise" 24 hours before his PET scan. He "says" that it all depends on ones definition of exercise! I won't even go there...best for me to not know what he doesn't consider exercise! Well, we will be up bright and early in the morning...as he has been asked to be at Vanderbilt by 7:15am. I know that the last time we were there before the techs...guess time will tell as to who gets there first tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment