Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Hear, Ye! Hear, Ye! News from Elijah!

Elijah ran over with mouth open and tooth in hand this morning. He was so excited that he had pulled his tooth...with the pliers!!!!! He said that he asked his dad to pull it with the pliers, but that his dad said that he couldn't get hold of it. It's one of his tiny bottom front teeth. So Elijah said that he pushed the tooth forward and he (Elijah) got hold of it with the pliers and pulled!!!! It makes my stomach sink every time that I think about it! I guess he was trying to show how much braver he is than his sisters! Abigail came over at the same time and showed me that she has a tooth just dangling...but she will not pull it or let anyone else pull it. Last I heard it was still hanging in her mouth. Elijah losing a tooth today changed out sewing project...as he and I hadn't finished his tooth pillow. So...I talked to him and he really wanted it tonight so he said that it was okay for me to go on and finish making it. So, when they get home from church, I will hand it over to him. Then he can put his tooth that he has safely tucked away in a pill bottle into the pocket on the top of his tooth pillow. It has become a tradition that they put the pill bottle containing the tooth in the pocket. We have had trouble in the past making the pocket so the pill bottle will not just pop out...this time I made the pocket out of stretchy knit fabric. I think that it will work. Exciting day for a little six-year-old boy! Let's see what else has happened in our day today...nothing as exciting as Elijah's tooth! Woody walked six miles today. I had school from 8:30 till noon. As soon as Isaac's school time was over, he headed off to do our weekly Krogering with Woody. As soon as I ate a quick bite of lunch, I headed to the church to work in the library for a couple of hours. When I got home, Kathy was pulling into their driveway and Abigail was announcing that her tooth was still hanging on by a thread or two and that was when Elijah and I decided that it would be okay for me to finish his pillow so he could have it for tonight. His mother told him that probably Graham would let him borrow his tooth pillow for this time...but Elijah looked none too thrilled with that suggestion. So I headed home and got to work and tonight's picture shows Elijah's and my joint effort for his special tooth pillow. I wonder if Nathan will think to read Elijah the cute "Tooth Fairy" story that he has written...it's out there as a Kindle app...or at least it has been. I have it downloaded on my iPad...so guess if his daddy doesn't read it tonight, I could read it to him tomorrow...or we could read it together when he comes over to read with me! A little while ago the phone rang and it was our friendly automated call from Vanderbilt reminding of us Woody's appointments next week...it's that time again...been three weeks...and it is the twelve week time so it is time for a PET scan again. His first appointment starts at 7:45 (and, I'm sure that they will call and tell him to be there thirty minutes early)and that is only the first of four appointments that day. It will probably be a pretty long Vandy day by the time he has scans, labs, sees Dr. Sosman, and has his Keytruda infusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment