Thursday, September 19, 2019

Fall Ball Game Night



We have just returned from Elijah's ball game.  Tonight his team played the early game.  Elijah played 2nd base.  He also made the only real hit of the night and ended up scoring.  The other person who made a "hit" got on base because of a fielding error.    Their team lost, but it was again a learning experience for all.

I had school this morning.  We all moved along in what we are doing.  Isaac came over for his long time and he invited Joseph to join him.  They ended up playing one of the Osmo games...a math game and Isaac was really doing a good job with figuring out the math facts and having fun at the same time...a fun learning game on the iPad.  Joseph also did a little with Osmo during his time.

While Esther was reading with me, Woody headed off to pick up Abigail at Montessori school. Her mother was otherwise occupied and Nathan was at the BCM.  I think that Kathy is counting the days till Abigail turns 16 and can get her driver's license.  I'll bet Abigail is also counting the days!!

We stayed in pretty much this afternoon until it was time to go to the ball game.  I sort of had a lazy afternoon.  I did a little cooking for lunch and the rest of the eating was salads or leftovers.  I got the kitchen cleaned up and then rested for a while.  I believe my eyes closed for a little while. Nathan came over and checked out the blinds to see if he could figure out how to mount them.  He thinks he knows.  He will get a trial run because the damaged one fits our laundry room window so he is going to put that up first so he can make mistakes there instead of in the kitchen!  If we like these blinds we are planning to get them for the sunroom so having the one in the laundry room will already have one  installed at the back of the house.  I peeked and the new shade doesn't have tape wrapped around it...so perhaps it was just a fluke or someone not doing their job properly on our first set!

Nathan has come back over.  I'd better go down and supervise! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment