Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Remembering

It's one of those days that is hard to remember...but most, if old enough, remember exactly where they were on September 11, 2001 when they first heard about the Twin Towers in NYC.  I was teaching at Ray's Montessori School in Tullahoma on that fateful morning.  We were in a situation of being some place where there were no televisions or radios or anything to bring us the news.  The husband of one of our teachers phoned us shortly after the first plane flew into the first tower and then called back shortly to tell about the next.  We were totally dependent on hearing the news from outside sources.  That made the horrible happening even more surreal!  Not a day that will be easily forgotten in our country...and, a day that shouldn't be forgotten!

We've had a pretty usual Wednesday day...not a lot out of the ordinary going on.  This morning, I worked on getting some things out away that had gathered in our bedroom during the kitchen renovation and I had never found them a home so today was the day.  I'm planning on getting my sewing cutting table set back up.  I have been away from my sewing for too long!

I went to the library to work after lunch. While Donna and I were working there, Woody went to visit another shut-in couple in his Deacon family group.  I came home and made red pepper sauce from some of the fresh red peppers that a friend brought me yesterday.  I roasted them in the oven
yesterday and today turned part of them into sauce.  This is a condiment sauce that Woody can have in sandwiches and it is really quite tasty.  I rested for a while after I finished the sauce and went down to fix supper for Woody, but he was already "scrounging" for his supper from the leftovers in the refrigerator...so guess what I was going to cook will wait till tomorrow.

Now I am trying to decide if I am going to go on setting my sewing cutting table back up and get organized to do some sewing or if I am going to go get out the storage tubs that have Fall decorations in them.  I did hang our Fall front door decoration today...so I can say that I have started Fall decorating!


No comments:

Post a Comment