Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Must Be Time to Decorate for Fall!

Look what showed up on our front porch today!  Cheryl (my one and only sister) sent us this.  She has been adding to my "pumpkin collection" for years now.  She always finds such unique ones! This new one has given me the inspiration to get into my fall decorations and do a little decorating...maybe tomorrow!

I had school this morning.  Having just four students seems strange!  Joseph and Isaac are both working on their reading.  Joseph is also working on his math skills using the Montessori equipment that I have.  Isaac and I split his time between spelling and reading...really I think that the spelling lessons are improving his reading skills.  Esther is reading Little Town on the Prairie and Elijah is reading My Side of the Mountain.  We turned Grammy time for Elijah into Goosey (Woody) time.  Since it is Fall Ball season, Elijah has been going out to practice batting using his pitching machine.  Today they also watched a video about baseball skills.  Elijah told me that he learned the proper way to hold his hands on his bat when batting.  We will go back to experiments when the weather keeps them from being outside or when Fall Ball comes to an end.

This afternoon Woody visited with one of his home-bound Deacon family couples.  He also dropped off some paper work to his friend who left them in the car yesterday.  Later in the afternoon he went to the prayer room at church.

By the time he got back from all that, it was almost time for me to head off.  Our Sunday School class  gathered at a local Mexican food restaurant for food and fellowship.  We had a storm blow in about the time that it was time for me to leave.  It rained some and we had some pretty good lightning flashes and a few thunder booms.  But it didn't stop us from having a good time and no one got too wet heading into the restaurant and by the time we left, it was just drizzling a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment