Saturday, September 7, 2019

Our "Visitor" Helps Her Daddy!

Woody enlisted Melany while she was here today to help him out with his Sunday School lesson for tomorrow.  The lesson is about Elijah and the prophets of Baal...when they built alters on Mt. Carmel.  Woody has been planning to teach the scripture/lesson using food to help the boys keep this event in the Bible in their memories.  Woody read through the scripture and guided Melany as he will the boys tomorrow...they will be using pretzels, caramels, raisins, red hots, Nerds, and powdered sugar to make the alter, sacrifice, rain, fire, etc.  Here's a picture of Melany's creation.  It's sitting on the map on top of Mt. Carmel!

Woody has put a lot of thought into what to use that is edible so that the boys' scan consume the entire thing when the time is right in the scripture!  I do think that this will be a lesson that will be engrained in the young minds of these sixth, seventh, and eighth grade boys!

We had a nice visit with Melany.  She brought one of her neat creations to add as an accent in the kitchen.  It's all made out of paper (well, not the battery operated candle).


I just checked my email to get the last picture that I'm going to post today (one Melany took of the kitchen) and found an email from my Sunday School teacher telling me that she won't be there tomorrow!  Gulp!  So I will post this picture of me waving at all of you from my new kitchen and then go see what I can pull together on short notice for tomorrow's lesson!



No comments:

Post a Comment